6 replies to this topic

#1 ja227

ja227

August/December 2003 & Oct07 VP RunnerUp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1483 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 06:34 PM

This is a tool that extracts embedded object files from parks w/o having to load the park in the game. It's good for when you downloaded a park for the objects, and not necessarily the park itself.

SV6 Object Extractor -- release 1.0

To use:
- Choose a SV6 file (haven't tried SC6, but it might work on those too) to extract from
- Choose an output directory (preferrably not the default object folder if you want to test them out first)
- Press the extract button, and wait for a message saying the program has finished extracting

This is a remake of a similar program I did earlier, but with a better interface and the ability to choose the output folder. Plus, some newer SV6 files weren't loading at all on the old one -- that's been fixed.

#2 RCTtom

RCTtom

AdrenalinDragon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2185 posts
  • Coaster Uploads:8

Posted 04 January 2006 - 06:51 PM

So if I am correct, this program you have made allows you to extract every single one of the DAT files from a park into a folder or location you want the objects from the park to be extracted to. Does this mean that I can get custom objects without opening a park to get them?. Sounds like a useful program indeed.

#3 ja227

ja227

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1483 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 07:33 PM

Yes it does

#4 ride_exchanger

ride_exchanger

Park Owner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 981 posts
  • Interests:RCT-Sports-Music-StarWars

Posted 04 January 2006 - 07:37 PM

This might seem like a stupid question, but it only extracts custom objects, right? Because the default objects are not stored in the SV6 file, right?

#5 ja227

ja227

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1483 posts

Posted 05 January 2006 - 07:11 PM

Correct to both. Only custom objects (marked by a flag in the DAT file) are in the sv6 files. The same goes for official expansion pack objects -- they aren't imbedded either

#6 RCTeagle

RCTeagle

Rollercoaster Tycoon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1276 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 09:04 PM

:doh: If had used this earlier, I might have saved myself a lot of trouble trying to get my park open. :P Good work, JA - I'll add it to my collection.

#7 Rohn Starr

Rohn Starr

Most Interesting Member - ORCA: RCT2.com

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 12:17 AM

John, I'm curious why you didn't load this to your site that has your objects, parks and other utilities/trainers. I've got the link to that one in the Object Creators thread.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users